Senior Spotlight: Card Decides on Her Future

Crystal Villani, Senior

Scholarships. Careers. The future.These are all things that seniors strive for in their first year of college. Decisions are waiting on every corner during senior year. 

Being a senior means you must answer the same questions everyone wants to know, “What are you going to do after high school?” Or “What college are you planning to attend after high school?” Trying to find an answer to either of those questions can be very stressful. 

Senior Alianna Card announced her commitment to Mizzou University. She plans to continue her education to study science and earn a bachelors in Chemistry, but her plans may change.

For the longest time I wanted to be a doctor, but recently, I decided that it wasn’t the right path for me,” Card said. “Because of that, I am not 100% sure what I plan to study or what I want to do.” 

For some college students, the stress of picking a major, leaving their family and financial aid is hard on any first time student going to college. There are many issues and complications about any college decision such as, “How much money will I need? Or “ How much will the books cost?”   

“The biggest issue in picking a school was the financial aid. While I am still going to have to pay a lot of money for MIZZOU, the aid I got from them was the best,” Card said.

Mizzou ranked number 12 for best value among other public universities within the United States for the second year in a row. Mizzou offers financial aid, a career path, hands-on learning, internships and more. Those are just a few reasons why students have chosen Mizzou for their next step in their education. 

“I chose Mizzou for a few reasons. Firstly, I got accepted into the honors college. Secondly, Mizzou offered me the best financial aid. Thirdly, when I toured Mizzou over the summer I loved it,” Card said.