Senior Spotlight: Smith Decides on Her Future

Crystal Villani, Senior

Your future, careers and new experiences. These are all things that seniors strive for in their future after high school. Decisions are waiting on every corner during senior year. 

Being a high school senior, you must answer the same questions everyone wants to know. “What college do you plan to attend after high school?” Trying to find an answer to the most common questions like that one or instance can be hard on any newly graduated senior.  

Senior Megan Smith decided in December to commit to Evangel University.  She plans to continue her education and earn her bachelors in Behavioral Health Studies then to earn her Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. 

“My hope is to become a counselor, so I can help people achieve their goals and become the best versions of themselves,” Smith said. 

For some college students, the stress of financial aid, moving away or deciding on a new path is hard on any first time student going to college. There are many issues and complications about any college decision such as, “How much money will I need and how much will books cost per class?”  

“The biggest issue I had when it came to picking a school was just figuring out where to start. Everything was so overwhelming at first,” Smith said. “There are so many schools to choose from, so it can be difficult to narrow down your options.” 

College opens students to new opportunities,experiences,new paths and chances to grow each year you go. 

“I knew it was somewhere I could grow, learn, have new opportunities, meet new people, and become the best version of myself,” Smith said.