The Growler

A Night in Paris

Juniors won Spirit Week.

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Night in Paris

Emily Appleton, James Anderson, Sydney Courtway, Arif Dolic, Skylar Edwards, and Aaron Mathes dancing at Homecoming.

Lindsey Kuykendall, Sophomore Writer

For the first time in seven years, the Seniors lost Spirit Week. At the end of the week with everything added up, the Juniors had the lowest score (which is the best). The Juniors had 1.7 points, followed by the Seniors with 2.5, Sophomores with 2.8, and Freshman with 3 points.

Junior class president, Dario Sajic said, “I was glad to win as a Junior because it broke the norm of seniors winning. I was kind of expecting this since my class has been preparing for weeks. I felt great winning the jug and I can’t wait for next year.”

For seniors obviously this was a devastating loss. “I was hoping that we could pull through this year and get things done, but I guess people decided that it wasn’t worth it,” stated Senior class president Lejla Ugarak.

Of course at the end of the week was Homecoming. For some, it was there first Homecoming. Makayla Birchfield (9) said it was a good first experience. She wished there was better music, but she enjoyed, “taking pictures, dancing, and hanging with my friends.”

For others, it was their last Homecoming. Ugarak said that Homecoming was pretty bittersweet. “It was definitely sad to look around and think, we’re not gonna have this next year. I tried to take a lot of pictures and videos to look back on.”

Seniors Adam Stroup and Jazmin Ramsdell were crowned Homecoming King and Queen. “It was already crazy enough that I won Prom King last year, and to do it again at Homecoming was very unexpected,” Stroup said.