Spotlight Players to Perform Southern Comedy

The+cast+performing+the++wedding+scene.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The cast performing the  wedding scene.

The cast performing the wedding scene.

The cast performing the wedding scene.

The cast performing the wedding scene.

Kat Avouris, Sophomore Writer

THe HHS Spotlight Players are performing their first show Faith County on October 18th, 19th and 20th, at 7pm in Room 103. Faith County is a view of people’s lives and how people struggle growing up in the south. According to Assistant Director / ELA Teacher, Ms. Antle, the play is a relatable comedy with “dirty jokes” and “dad humor.”

Mrs. Laura Cummiskey, ELA Teacher and Director,  is extremely ecstatic for this production. She said, “The show is fantastic and everyone is doing such a great job at learning new lines and parts, along with keeping up with the southern drawl.”

The show is dramatic and really plays on the small town idea.

Sophomore Cheyenne Cottner, a crew member/ understudy, explained, “It has a very small town vibe where everyone knows each other and everyone is always in everyone’s business.”

This show is sure to be filled of scenes that audience will be able to relate to in their everyday lives.

“One of the most entertaining parts by far would be the wedding scene. It shows off all the characters in the best way with all their talents,” Ms. Antle said sarcastically.

Cummiskey elaborated how hard the cast is working. “I’m so proud of theses kids and how well they are doing. You can see their own personalities come through each character even though they are playing someone so different from them.”

The cast can’t wait till the production is performed. Faith County will be on October 18th, 19th and 20th in room 103. The show starts at 7pm each night, and admission is free.